- Chou, Y.K. (2015). Actionable Gamification: Beyond Points, Badges and Leaderboards. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform.
- Deterding, S., Dixon, D., Khaled, R. & Nacke, L.E. (2011). From game design elements to gamefulness: Defining gamification. In Proceedings of the 15th international academic MindTrek conference: Envisioning Future Media Environments(pp. 9-15). New York, NY: ACM.
- Kapp, K., Blair, L. & Mesch, R. (Eds.) (2014). The Gamification of Learning and Instruction Fieldbook: Ideas into Practice. San Francisco, CA: Wiley.
- Lepper, M.R., Greene, D. & Nisbett, R.E. (1973). Undermining children’s intrinsic interest with extrinsic reward: A test of the “overjustification” hypothesis. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology28(1), 129-137.
- Ryan, R.M. & Deci, E.L. (2000a). Self-determination theory and the facilitation of intrinsic motivation, social development, and well-being. American Psychologist55(1), 68-78.